Programmable logic is the configuration of logical cells and other building blocks on a chip. It is capable of simultaneously processing complex, time-critical controls and even multiple algorithms (parallel processing). This can be important for computationally intensive applications, such as real-time image processing.
The best known programmable logic chip is the FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array). To define the configuration of the chip we use description language VHDL. As standard practice we test each FPGA design with a test application: a test bench. In consultation with the client we also integrate third-party Intellectual Property (IP) in our designs, which saves time and money.
Programmable logic at Inspiro
- System architecture
- Verification (regression testing)
- Xilinx (ISE and Vivado), Intel (Quartus) and other vendors
- Signal and image processing
- Digital filters and algorithms FIR, IIR, FFT
- High-speed communication
- Interfacing with standard and proprietary buses and protocols
- High-performance memory interfaces
- Integrated processor cores (soft cores and/or hard cores)
- Process control
- Peripheral control
Discover the possibilities
Would you like to know more about what programmable logic can do for your company?Please contact us